Welcome to the Judean desert
Tour and Train leader Moshe Katz with a local camel in the Judean dessert.
Maximum Number of Participants: 20
Dates of Next Sessions:
March 31 - April 10, 2014 (March 30 Orientation day) Now registering participants
June 9 - 19, 2014 (June 8 Orientation day) Now registering participants.
November 2014 - Exact dates to be announced
At least seven hours per day(except for days when we tour, but even on those days we have training).
• Indoors and Outdoors training
• Full Padding for knife defense training
• Full impact but safe
• All Aspects of Krav Maga Training; close quarters, Defense inside cars, stairs, Hostage situations, Airline situations, Profiling.
• Tour of the Old City of Jerusalem, Mount Herzl, Yad Va Shem, Masada
• Diploma for completion of course.
• Diploma for Anti -Terrorism class.
• Possibility for rank test,
• Possibility for instructor test (suitable candidates).
• "Day 11" Optional at extra cost - Full day Counter Terrorism training or VIP Protection Training with top Israeli experts. (live ammunition).
• Alternative "Day 11" Option - VIP Protection Course (diploma).
10 days $1,380 (IKI Members receive $100 discount, special discounts for repeat participants.) (includes Anti-Terrorism class, 2 T shirts, 2 DVD's) (this does not include extra Counter Terrorism Day, flights, accommodations, food, airport pickup)
Possibility available for extra shooting day.
Accommodations available in Maaleh Adumim at very reasonable rates, or in nearby Jerusalem.
Either bring your own or purchase here
1. Groin protection, (required).
2. Mouth guard.
3. Shin pads, arm pads
4. Boxing gloves, hand wraps
5. Plenty of T Shirts (you will sweat and need to change shirts), long pants.
All other equipment provided here.
Sticks, rubber guns and knives, pads etc all provided here.
Reserve your spot, Registration - $250 deposit and registration fee, includes Tour and Train T shirt, IKI Krav Maga T shirt,and one Krav Maga instructional DVD. Non - refundable.
Tour and Train testimonials from past participants
Extras: (at no extra cost)
• Meet local residents and hear about the history of Maaleh Adumim,
• History and Jewish Tradition from Moshe, includes video presentations (Optional)
• Visit synagogues during prayer, including a Yemenite Jewish service, (Optional)
• Option for spending Shabbat in Maaleh Adumim,
• Local currency exchange places available, shopping, car rental etc. (Do not change money at the airport!)
Then you have flights, and accommodations, which I can look into. of course the flight would be different for each person.
Abandoned tank outside Maaleh Adumim
Tour of Old City Jerusalem
Our tour of the Old City will cover thousands of years of history including the latest finds, digs, and research. You will feel what it was like to live in Jerusalem in Temple times and deal with the Romans. You will walk the path where the Hebrews and non-Hebrews walked to get to the Temple, step on the same stones, see the gates from which they entered to offer sacrifices. You will see the ritual baths where they emerged to purify themselves before entering the Holy Temple, Beth HaMiqdash, and you will see original stones from the destroyed Temple.
We can visit Ir David (The city of David), which is where the Hebrews lived before the Old City was built. The security guards in this area are excellent, they were trained by myself and other well know Krav Maga instructors.
You will understand the pain the Jewish people suffered at having lost the most magnificent building of its time, being sent into slavery and exile, and waiting 2,000 years. And 2,000 years later, descendants of these exiled people will return to Israel and resume the ancient fight.
Walking the streets of the Old City you will understand the development of the Krav Maga techniques, as you will see the narrow streets and stairways. Sadly, many attacks have been taken place here and from these cases we developed new techniques and approaches. Jerusalem Krav Maga emerges from these streets.
When you return home you will have more of a feel, understanding, and appreciation of Krav Maga than any local instructors. You will have also have a Tour and Train certificate and T shirt.
There is much to see in Jerusalem and it is up to you to determine what you want to see; We will certainly see ancient Hebrew historical sites but we can also see historical sights of importance to Christians, such as churches and places where it is said Jesus was.
Sites in or near Maaleh Adumim
Maaleh Adumim is a modern town in the hills of the Judean desert. The name comes from a town that existed in Biblical times.
Things to see:
Martyrius Monastery; built by the monk Martiyriuis during the Byzantine period.
Excavation of ancient town
Bedouin woman on donkey, Maaleh Adumim
Calvin from Florida, near Maaleh Adumim, with Achmad Abu Duhac
Local Transportation - Getting Around
Maaleh Adumim is located in the Judean desert, a short ride from Jerusalem.
Most Krav Maga visitors chose to stay in Maaleh Adumim although a few have opted for Jersualem. Jerusalem offers more night life. You can take the bus from Maaleh Adumim to Jerusalem , number 174, or several people can share a cab (divided a few ways it is not bad at all), or some prefer to rent a car.
The choice of housing is up to you, but I can help you. Prices for Hotels or a bed and breakfast in Jerusalem can run from a few dollars per night to hundreds.
I feel it is best to stay in Maaleh Adumim. We do not have any hotels but there are very nice rooms for rent ranging from about $20 per night to about $35 a night. Food here is rather inexpensive, unless you choose to dine in fancy touristy restaurants.
Krav Maga Testimonials